Thursday, August 03, 2006

Hempathina Done!

I have wanted to knit Orangina since seeing it on Knit and Tonic.

I had a heck of a time getting the hang of the pattern enough to carry it around and knit without concentrating, but once I did, I loved knitting it. So much that I actually put off finishing it out of sadness for the loss of the project. Weird, huh.

Ta-da!



Details: Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy, on size 3 needles, negative 2 inches ease (I knit it 2 inches smaller than my bust measurement). I had 27.5 stitches per 4 inches, and cast on 121 stitches. I wet blocked it instead of steam blocking, as it was 104 degrees (in Oregon!) that day. The swatch was machine washed and dried, and stayed the same gauge. Not that I'm planning on machine washing this, I was just curious.

I love the drape of the Hempathy, and would knit with it again. And it has hemp in it! Very cool for an eco-girl like me.

6 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Looks great!

7:33 AM  
Blogger insaknitty said...

love it! :) hooray for late oranginas! love those little slippers too. do you know where I could get the pattern? :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger KMK said...

Where in Oregon are you? I am in Portland and I'm looking for somewhere to get help with learning to drop spindle (Hmmm- is that a verb?)

8:26 PM  
Blogger knitzalot said...

Looks beautiful!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm so glad to hear that about the Hempathy, I've got some sitting waiting to be knit up.

Your Hempathina looks great!

8:44 AM  
Blogger wonky said...

It is gorgeous! Even when you don't have a head on it still looks beautiful on you!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home