Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Red-orange sunset spinning

Ruthie is a spinning friend of Charline, who taught me how to spin. She makes wonderful blends to spin, and I was lucky enough to buy some from her at the Black Sheep Gathering.

This is a blend of wool, rayon, and linen (the white stuff). I bought it on the day that I'd brought my spinning wheel to the show, so it went from purchase to project faster than I thought possible.


I spun it quick'n'dirty.



I'm really not sure what to do with it. I think that I'm going to leave it as singles to crochet a border on whatever I'm spinning right now (the Peace blend) as the colors are stunning together. If I'd thought that I would leave it as a single, I might have spun it a little more consistently.

It's about 2 or 3 oz.

Silk caps! There was a great article in Knitty on how to spin them. This is my new color to play with. The plan is to ply it with either some brown wool from New Zealand, or with the roving of similar colors that I bought at the show.


Back to my wheel, I think I hear Rumplestiltskin calling...

3 Comments:

Blogger wonky said...

You're a spinning machine! No wait, you *own* a spinning machine.

I love that red sunset yarn, so pretty and it looks silky soft!

5:16 PM  
Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Beautiful colors!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Fleece said...

I also admire the red sunset yarn. Looks gorgeous and shimmery.

Just setting out on an adventure spinning silk caps and hankies myself, hope I can get good results like you have!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home