Tuesday, July 11, 2006

More boucle blather

This was me getting adventurous and trying Z-Z-S ply boucle. Since Judith Mackenzie McCuin said that it could be done, I tried. Not so fabulous, but I'll knit it up in a swatch anyhow.


For the good stuff, I'm going back to the bigger photo. The skein in the front is my handspun:

(The ball in the back is Debbie Bliss Astrakhan)

For this one I spun up generic white wool singles, and plied it with No. 12 Finca cotton thread (for tatting? I bought it at an emboidery/ribbon store) twice, once with light pink, and back the other way with light peach. Just enough difference to give depth.

I'm pleased as punch with the results, but good heck it takes forever to spin.

1 Comments:

Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Lovely! It's awesome you're improving your spinning skills. I haven't spun for a long time....

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home