Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Most Beautiful Yarn

I fell in love with this yarn at Dyelots!, the local fiber store. I'm thrilled to be able to type the phrase "local fiber store", it means I live in the right place! Enough about me, here's the yarn:


It's a 50/50 silk and merino blend , with 660 yards in 160 (or 140, I'm having a memory blip) grams. Hand dyed by Dyelots (Janis). It has wonderful lustre.

This next pic has a more accurate representation of the colors, they are fairly soft.


What shall I make with this lovely yarn?


I'm going to modify this pattern from Interweave Knits. I'm going to turn it upside down, if you can envision that. It will be in stockinette instead of rib. I need to make the most of this yardage! My plan is to knit the front first, and if I run out of yarn, I can make the straps and back out of something else.

It'll also have modesty straps, ones that cover bra straps. Maybe crochet straps.
I am so inspired by this yarn that it jumped the queue of awaiting projects. The other yarn is jealous.

P.S. Can you readers tell me whether the blog writing on the right hand side of the page is showing up near the top, or if you have to scroll down to see it? Please?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home