Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hempathina back in favor

Hempathina is back in good graces, thanks to a frogging session.


The color is a little bit redder than I'd like (in real life and in the photo). I am contemplating dying it someday to a darker shade of brown, but let's wait until I'm done with it, shall we?

It's been very sunny. Hard weather to blog in. The bike trailer (trailer towed by a bike, not a trailer to tow bikes in) got its maiden voyage today. Fun! Although we discovered that it is not the optimal way to transport seedlings. We'll be keeping the car.

And I chopped out part of an ivy root the size of a cantelope. The ivy is as old as our house, and tough as nails. The roots are on the neighbors side of the fence, but they don't mind me chopping at them, they're renters. I'm good at tearing things out. Not so good at planting, but I make my contribution.

I was worried that the hatchet-wielding was going to hurt my wrists for knitting, but I'm holding up just fine. And since company is coming next weekend, I've got a very clean (well, mostly there) craft/guest room. It's making me feel better about knitting to have all of the annoying projects put away for now.

This pic shows the color of the Hempathy better:


And no, I didn't make the sweater. I bought it after I started knitting, and was astounded that I could get it for $25. Thank goodness for underpaid Chinese garment workers.

1 Comments:

Blogger wonky said...

Hempathina is going to be so beautiful! I love the color myself, but I'm a rust brown kind of gal.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home