Saturday, April 15, 2006

WIPs galore

I love knitting!

There are so few things in life that it is easy to have unfettered enthusiasm for. It's just not in style. I try to set an example by expressing my giddiness when it surfaces.

I have a sock growing on my needles while I read the latest issue of Spin-Off. Sadly, I'm almost through the magazine. I also got the Interweave Crochet Spring/Summer 2006. I had to choke when I saw the Babette Blanket, which calls for 22 skeins of Koigu, which runs $11-12 per skein. According to the numerous calculus classes that I took in college, that's LOTS OF MONEY. It's quite a blanket, though. Eye-popping colors.

Speaking of Koigu, did I mention that since I was ordering my Hempathy from Patternworks, I threw a skein of Koigu in so that I could see what the fuss was all about? Well, I did. And I can't wait to see a little brown box sitting on my doorstep. I'll open it up, cast on for Orangina, and scrutinize the Koigu. (There was a false alarm this week, with a brown box just the right size for yarn appearing on the doorstep. It wasn't.)

I'd 'a thought that Koigu would be Japanese, but it's a Canadian yarn. Learn somethin' new every day.

And I have a question for y'all: Does my blog load with the picture of the day near the top of the page, or do you have to scroll down to see the first entry if it has pics? I have noticed different things with different computers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home