Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lace update

Well, since we've last chatted, I've not knit too much. I got started on the lace scarf, but I'm not having too much fun with it. Something's not quite right. I think that I'm going to go through one repeat, put on the ending border, call it a swatch/sample, and start over on size 2 needles. The 4's are too big, I think, and even the breyerspun needles have a point that is a bit blunt for lace.

There is a stitch that involves knitting 7 together. It's hard. I took the suggestion and used a crochet needle, but it's still hard. It looks really cool though, and it's one of the reasons that I picked this pattern, the little dense spots in the lace provide a beautiful counterpoint to all of the airiness.

And I'm kicking myself for choosing a dark color, as it doesn't show the pattern as much. I'm still going with it for reasons of general fashion.

I still have not restarted Green Cash Iroha sweater. Have not started any other projects that are running around in my head either. It's just not a crafty week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home