Thursday, February 09, 2006

Plying my wares

I've got three full skeins of this beautiful stuff! And a little baby skein. Someday Hans will get a hat of it.



I can't believe the Knitting Olympics start tomorrow! I finally decided on a project:
A capelet. From Scarf Style. I can't find a pic right now, so here's a capelet to get the gist.



Ok, here's a completed version of what I'm going to knit:


Did I forget to mention that I'm going to spin the yarn first? My "personal challenge" bit involves the combining of colors into one yarn.

After looking at this again, I like the Brioche Rib capelet better. I'm going to have to hunt down a new book now.

New plan: Spin yarn. See how much I have. Pick one of the two patterns. Knit.

I'm warning you, the colors will be bright. This will be a Country Fair sort of a garment. I've been very practical in my knitting lately, and apparently the latent impractical urges are getting to be too much to contain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful handspun!! Will you be posting any progress shots of your Olympic project?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home