Monday, January 23, 2006

No Pictures

The hardest part of this blogging thing for me is writing. I can post pictures and tell you about them, but I'm not much of a creative writer. Science writing I can (finally) handle. I tend to be terse to a fault. And I don't tend to ever write in a conversational way. So this is all a challenge for me.

But, hey, I am occasionally up for a challenge.

My other challenge at the moment is yarn stash overload. I have too many projects in plain sight. I need to hide some so I don't feel as overwhelmed. (Yes, or I could finish some, shhh!) I'm almost done with Essential Stripe, because of the sleeve issue.

The sleeve issue: It's too wide. At the top of the sleeve, it is about 15 inches in diameter. My arm is closer to 13 inches at the top. And I want it down to 10.5 inches at the bottom. If I decrease that much, it'll still be loose at the top of the sleeve, and I don't want it loose. I had envisioned a tighter fit on the sleeve to go with the negative ease in the chest.

So, I'm going to cap the sleeves. A little rib and that's it.

I don't want to go to all the work to design my own sweater pattern yet. But if I do this pattern again (which I will) I'll figure out how to start the sleeves with fewer stitches at the top. I can see the math and where it needs to be done, I just don't want to do it. Whine whine.

In other news, it sounds like tomorrow night might have several knitters! Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home