Monday, January 16, 2006

Spinning in Chair Colors

As I was spinning, I remarked a similarity between my roving and the chair:


This wool (superwash merino from Fantasy Fibers in forest ) was picked out by Hans at the Black Sheep Show last year. It is intended for a hat for him, although it would make lovely socks. And it's so beautiful as singles that I'm a bit loathe to ply it.


I'm spinning from the fold for the first time. I thought that it would help add a little spring and loft, as I tend to spin hard and dense if I'm spinning worsted. It has the absolutely superb side effect of keeping the colors separated enough to save them from a muddy brown fate. (That's what happened when I spun it thicker and worsted. Ick! Somewhere near the color of flood waters.)

(I'm very pleased with how this is spinning!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home