Thursday, December 29, 2005

I won!

I won! June (www.twosheep.com in case this link is misbehaving) had a "guess the recipe" contest, and I won! She sent me some silk and wool yarn. Let me tell you, it perks me right up to get yarn in the mail.

(I still have a flush from bicycling home from work.) I'm thinking a hat, since it matches my hair (mostly).

And more excitement: I was plying last night, which always gives me such a sense of accomplishment. Pink Floyd provided a good beat to pedal to, and I really got into the zen of it all.

The spinning is not so skilled or precise or even, but that's how I wanted it on this one. And I'm still learning and settling into what feels comfortable. I have much more fun when I'm aiming for a "handmade" look.

What is more satisfying than a skein of yarn? And with my new swift and ball winder, I'm all set to use it.

In Spin-off they used to have readers send in a whole skein of yarn. They sent them back after photographing them. Now they have readers send in little bits, and I miss the skeins. It was so cool to see big fat skeins and little skinny ones. Ah, the good ol' days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

hey i love your hair color! it's the color of my grandmothers when she was younger! She's gone now but I keep hoping one of my kids will get her red hair (I didn't!).

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home