Monday, December 26, 2005

What kept me sane this christmas

I got away from it all in Summer Valley, Oregon.
Map of Summer Lake, OR US (*zoom out 2 clicks to put in real context)
Waaaay out in the middle of nowhere. In a cozy cabin. With lots of time to knit! What a way to avoid all of the pre-christmas stress. So many expectations around the holidays, there are.


Below is a view from the cabin, out across Summer Lake. There is a small pond just in front of the cabin with ice, then the lake beyond that. It is a dry lake some summers, but wet and half-frozen now. It's a very shallow lake, which means no power boats to disturb the sweet silence. Well, the sweet sound of the wind shaking the cabin. Close enough.

And after coming back to civilization, I got lots of knitting goodness: a swift

and a ball winder! And some gorgeous Manos del Uruguay yarn, like this (only a little greener):

And today I bought the newest Spin-Off, Piecework, and Interweave Knits. Lucky me! So I'm off to play with my toys, and take some photos of current projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home