Sunday, November 27, 2005

What I'm not working on


Right now this is a rectangle with two curvy indents at the top, but someday it will be a soft, feather light black cardigan to wear over tank tops in warmer weather.

Attitude can be everything. I told myself that this was going to take forever, so I should just pretend that it will take FOREVER. It was the project I would pull out when I just wanted to knit and knit with no thinking involved. But then I got greedy, and started wanting the sweater that it would become, instead of focusing on the knitting. Not so Zen of me.

And I'm still confused as to what to do to the front, assuming that I ever get there.

I've been knitting on Essential Stripe instead. It is knit from the top down, and I'm about 0.5 inches from pinching off the arms. Last night I timed it, and it's taking me over 10 minutes to do a round. Yikes! I didn't want to know that! At least I'm at the end of a stripe. And, I got so irritated that it was taking me so long that I picked up and ribbed the neck. And wove in all of the ends. Whoa. Goes to show that my theory is right: a little boredom is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home