Thursday, November 03, 2005

Catching up-Poodle Purse


Poodle purse!
One of my favorite projects so far. I'm warming up to making another that will be better designed for the soft drape of the leather. I mean, I could just take this apart and add interfacing, and maybe I will, but I think that a more crescent shape might suit nicely. And they are very now.

I started with Amy Butler's Madison bag, and folded the pattern until it was shorter lengthwise and not as angled out at the bottom corners.

This was handsewn, as I was living apart from my sewing machine at the time. I bought a leather needle, but didn't really need it because the leather was so soft.

The lining is a sublime cotton from Josephine's Dry Goods in Portland. I can never believe that it is cotton because it has such a fine hand and smooth finish, but cotton it is. I made a matching Palm pilot cover from the lining too. A little excessive, but hey, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home