Thursday, November 03, 2005

Blue Hat

My second homespun project, and one of the many reasons that I don't like knitting hats. I love the yarn, I love the edging, but something just isn't quite right. It's a little too big, yes, that could be most of it.

Every year, right before the Black Sheep Gathering, I quickly spin some of my roving up so that I can buy more. This stuff was so delightful that it didn't take me a year to get around to spinning one of the two bags. From Three Bags Full in Hamilton, Montana, this "forget-me-not" color is from merino cross sheep, with a bit of silk and silk noil. Yum!

For the top, I knitted some I-cord, shaped it into a flower, and sewed it on with a yellow button. There is now a starfish on top.

My spinning wheel is out, and I'm working up to the second bag... visions of matching mittents are dancing through my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home