Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sweater Weather


It's definitely been sweater weather around here. Brrr! Hans is wearing his sweater today, so here is a pic and the skinny. The pattern comes from Debbie Bliss Number Two.
The grey is much more charcoal than this picture would have you believe. I found the overdyed merino at the local yarn store.

Hint: the cables make the upper chest pull in a bit, and I ended up taking in the sides below the cables about 2 inches on either side, on the seamlines. So, save yourself the trouble and start smaller, then add some stiches when you start the cables.

And even though I feel like I'm airing dirty laundry in public, I'll confess that I had to add elastic inside the ribbed crewneck. I think that I used 3/8" elastic? and just threaded it inside the casing formed by the folded ribbing.

Definitely a fun and simple cable to knit, and I loved that the design balanced well in the sweater. It's not a sweater that knocks you over the head with the cables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home