Friday, December 02, 2005

Spinning in Blue

Spinning over Thanksgiving weekend was fruitful...

See!

Isn't it beautiful! I'm almost sad that the wool is used up now, but that is tempered by the anticipation of moving on to more wool. The official knit/spin blog term is "stash busting". I guess though that instead of stash busting, I'm stash shifting. From spinning project to knitting project.

This will next grace my to-do list as a pair of mittens, to go with the oversize hat. This yarn is thinner than the hat yarn.

Next on the wheel: (after I finish plying this...) a dark blueish melange from the same folks as the light blue above (Three Bags Full). Or maybe I'll give in to temptation and start playing with the rainbow assortment that I bought a few weeks ago at Dyelots. Or I have some dark blue wool/nylon blend that I'm not too wild about. Naah.

I'm still working on Essential Stripe, only a few rows on the bus today. My shoulder was so tense that it hurt to knit on the bus. Now that's a problem!

Oh, and my surprise for the day! It was my last day at the UO health center pharmacy, and they chipped in and got me a gift certificate to The Knit Shop! Yahoo! I'm going to use it towards yarn for a big project (I'm thinking another sweater, since I'm experiencing a dearth of new clothes). It will make the cost much less painful. I can't usually bring myself to buy enough yarn for a big project. My default purchase is about 2 balls.
Specifically, I'm coveting some Debbie Bliss cashmerino or astrakhan. Wish me happy shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home