Thursday, December 01, 2005

Little Feet

This is Matilda's foot. Matilda is two, and lives in Eureka with her mom Kim and dad Fred. When I went to visit for a weekend, we decided that we should have a project for the weekend. So I made slippers for Mattie. The blue part is the same handspun as my hat, and the gray is from the mittens for Hans. Little feet don't take too much yarn!

I used my handy-dandy trusty pattern book by Ann Budd. I think. I could have used the sock pattern basics and winged it a little. Who knows?

They were a little loose on her little ankles, so I threaded some elastic through, about an inch down from the top. Presto! Little warm slippers!

I'm spinning the rest of the blue wool right now. I'm trying for thinner on this, but the last batch was so long ago that I don't remember quite 'zactly how thick it was. We'll see...

Essential Stripe is coming along well. I need to dig out the camera soon. I pinched off the sleeves, which made me feel a WHOLE lot better. Now I can knit a round in a reasonable amount of time.

Goodnight and Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home