Thursday, December 15, 2005

Mittens!

As I was saying in my last post, mittens are my current answer to everything.

And, in a vain effort to make myself look more productive, I'm unearthing old projects. This is one of my fave-rits. Don't remember the yarn brand, but wonderful colors. My brilliance, though, came from making my own blocking forms out of paperboard. Don't those mittens look rounded at the top? Well, pre-block found them a bit angular.

The best part of these mittens came after they were gone. I sent them to my cousin as a gift, and packaged them in a box I had lying around. A box that said "Stainless Steel Milk Steamer" on it. A new-looking box. When my cousin opened the outer wrap, she didn't look inside the box. She spent a somewhat bewildered day thinking I had sent her a milk steamer. She was much happier with the mittens.

In other news, my spinning mentor is in town, she is here a few months out of the year. We spun last night! Too much fun. She has beautiful, even, fine, fine spinning. I forgot my damned camera though. Next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home