Friday, December 23, 2005

Reuse and recycle

Here in Oregon, we're big into recycling. Bottles, cans, paper, plastic, building materials, you get the picture.

So I recycled a tablecloth. I saw it at the downtown thrift store (the one that I found a ball of bright purple cashmere yarn for $2.50), and I saw a corner of lovely embroidery peeking out at me. Unfortunately it was attached to a tablecloth with a hole in it.

Well, I took that tablecloth home, and recycled it right into a dress. (Well, not "right into", it was about a year just sitting around before it became a dress).

Ta-da! I even got creative and covered the hole with a little pink heart applique (on the back of the bodice). It has a button for the back neck, and the skirt is open in the front. (There wasn't quite enough time to make the petticoat before christmas).

The past three days were spent at the Summer Lake Inn, in Southern Oregon. I had a blissful amount of time to spend knitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home