Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My first handspun handknit-blast from the past

These mittens were my first ever handspun handknit project. I bought the purple merino roving at the Black Sheep Gathering, and spun it on my wheel. (Have I mentioned lately that I dislike spindles?)

Since they are not superwash, they are now pretty felted from snow and wear. That's ok, they were meant to be used.



I finished Essential Stripe, and will take a picture of it the next time I'm home in the daylight, i.e. this weekend. It has cap sleeves now.

I'm carrying around the black sweater as my portable project. It's going MUCH better since I switched from straight needles inherited from one grandmother or the other, to Addi Turbos. The straight needles had too pointy of points, and I couldn't knit without looking at it. That's very annoying to me. I want to be able to multitask. So anyhow, much better now.

My second bobbin of the forest merino is getting fatter. I'm spending way more time spinning than I used to. Probably about 3 hours a week. Some mornings if I have time, I'll squeeze in five or ten minutes of spinning.

I have a new reader, Hi Mom! I'll give you a pharmacy update: I started this week at a compounding pharmacy. It's different than I thought. I'm used to working with a clientel from the lower economic range, and this definitely is more the upper middle class. I'm not so fond of that. And, I'm not allowed to do anything but watch yet.

I'm looking forward to knitting tomorrow night, and to seeing who all shows up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home