Monday, February 06, 2006

Essential Stripe Finished! (edited to include words)

From Knit and Tonic's Essential Stripe pattern
Here it is!



I have no idea why my V-neck turned out to be so much shallower than Wendy's.



I love the "seam" that the top-down raglan shaping produces.





A close-up of the color changes. I probably could have finessed them a little more, but it's under the arm, so who cares.

I'm thinking of making a mini-sweater of my leftovers, to fit my friend's 2 year old. Since kids have relatively big heads, and this neck line turned out small, I could probably get away with casting on as for this sweater, then pinching off the sleeves after a short bit. I just can't envision this yarn for anything but a sweater.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pro! Way to go...the colors and stripe thicknesses look very well balanced. It looks comfy too!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Lookit you!

Fabulous. You did a fine job, I must say. :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for the stripes, but I only make up the four on the bottom. The rest is Wendy all the way.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! This sweater looks brilliant on you!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home