Sunday, February 19, 2006

Leftover hat

Can you believe this cute thing started as a way to use up leftovers?



We've got some Noro (I forget which kind, I could find out, but that could take MINUTES!) striped with a double strand of some handspun mohair/wool/nylon blend (single ply). I love this hat pattern! I've made a few, and I'm working on another one from yarn bits.

And in other news, if I can spin this shit, I can spin anything (don't call my bluff on this please). Not the blue above, but this yellow:



I don't think any of the fibers were much longer than an inch, with lots of noils besides. I had some mustardy yellow long locks that I put in occasionally to hold it together, but mostly this yarn is still together through sheer force of will.

It's wool I got at the local fiber shop, and was perhaps more suited to felting. The green in the last segment of my Olympic spin/knit was like this too, and I just gave up. Even with using some other wool for a core, it was frustrating.

Speaking of Olympic Women's 500 meter spin, I just went for the capelet. The idea just wouldn't go away. I started at the top since I don't have a lot of yarn.

Progress and knitting details to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home