Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympic Update

I'm fabulously thrilled with the colors of this yarn. It's just as I imagined my Knitting Olympics yarn would be. Kind of like Noro, but homemade.




But. This is two of three skeins that I will get from all of the roving. Not enough for a capelet. Not even a capelettini. Maybe a scanty scarf. So, Lady E knitters, here I come. (Lady Eleanor being a popular entrelac pattern right now). It'll be an Eleanorette. Now I have to teach myself entrelac.

A rookie mistake, I'm sure. But I honestly thought that this:

would yield more yardage. And it might have, if I'd spun it finer. The fiber length and preparation favored a thick yarn. Short fibers, boy! I'm getting spoiled spinning on long staple merino that has been combed into submission. This unspoiled me.

And Wendy, just in case you're reading, don't start spinning. I actually had a moment last night when I doubted my identity as a knitter who spins. (I thought for a moment that I was a spinner who knits. I'm spinning through roving faster than I'm knitting through yarn. And sometimes I'd rather spin than knit. For a lot of evenings in a row.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home