Thursday, March 02, 2006

Recovery from Olympics-Green!

My christmas yarn is entering a new phase of its life. After a childhood in a skein, and a brief awkward phase in a ball, it is blossoming into a beautiful young sweater.




The impeccable taste of my sister-in-law combined with the purchasing power of the uncles brought me some Cash Iroha (color 100) for christmas. I went back to KnitPurl and picked up a few more skeins and a pattern. The above photo does not quite capture the greeney greeness of it all. Let's try again:
(click)


There. Much better.

The cardigan will be modified. Instead of a band of seed stitch running down the front, I'm planning on inserting a line of leaves. I'm not sure how I'll keep it from curling at that point, I might try lining the placket with grosgrain ribbon. It's something that I've wanted to try on a cardigan for a while now.

I'm also working on the forever cardigan, so named because I expect that it will take me forever to knit. I'm shocked that I've finished the back, and am starting one side of the front. And a lace band for edging the front, in star stitch as inspired by Marnie Maclean.

And for Tanya, because I'm slacking on emailing you directly, a short list of blogs to explore:

Yarn Harlot
Knit and Tonic
A Chance to Knit
Snitty
Grumperina
Knit Together...


You've already found Knitty, so here's another free knitting magazine online: Magknits

Hibiscuits writes the best drunken knitting magazine reviews. And Eunny would be a role model if I didn't think that emulating her would crush my soul with the knowledge that I'm not that good yet.

Happy Surfing!

2 Comments:

Blogger wonky said...

Thanks for all the yummy links! As if I'm not geeky enough already, now I'm a knitting fool geek to boot :-)

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Numnummmmm - Cash Iroha. I've got some in the stash, and it's kind of sacred to me. I have a pattern picked out...but it will probably wait until fall because it is just too hot here to consider starting a wool pullover! I like just knowing it's beneath my bed :)

And I wanted to thank you for including me on your list! I was floored cross-eyed. I was reading along, Yarn Harlot (yup, a given), Knit and Tonic (oh yeah - who doesn't subscribe to Wendy?), and and and meeeee? Tellin' ya, floored cross-eyed.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home