Monday, February 20, 2006

Olympic Update

Here is the third and last skein of the spinning:



And progress shots of the capelet, with all of the remaining yarn. Gonna be a short capelet.



And a close up of my, um, innovative pattern design:



This will be sewn up at the end. It's what happens when you cast on mid-row in a circular knit. Because of the color sequence of the yarn, I didn't want to do two pieces. Because of the paucity of the yarn, I wanted to knit it top down. In the absence of knowing better methods, and in trying to convert a bottom-up pattern, I punted. Here ya go. Just a quick seam at the end, and it'll do.

Increases only get you to a 45 degree angle or so if you only have one line of increases. If you do two lines, then you get raglan shaping. I wanted a shoulder shaped angle closer to 90 degrees, so that's where the casting on mid-row came from.

My goal with this project was to experiment with color in spinning more. More than once, that is. Which is the sum total of my previous attempts. I'm a little surprised at the effect of the color.

I'm not sure how many days are left in the Olympics. I'd better go so I can knit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh OH!!! Miss Martha, I found another ME!!! I'm doing the same as you. Spinning AND knitting, or is that Knitting AND spinning? Hmmmm. Love your blog and I just added you to my blogroll... Great!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home