Thursday, March 09, 2006

What's she up to now

Well folks, my initial blogging pace of every day is slowing a bit. I think part of it is my reluctance to post with no pics. I'll give it a try today.

I love Wednesday nights. Knitting night with the girls. I swatched for the hiking socks (I'll tell you about those soon). I have started a lace scarf, the one from the latest Interweave Knits.

Hey look, a photo that I didn't even have to take!

I'm knitting it in a dark purple Skacel merino laceweight (1400 yards per 100 grams. I just recently, like last weekend, started paying attention to yard per weight as a useful bit of information).

I frogged a sock that had been annoying me for months. It is now ready for reincarnation. I frogged the green sweater, which is waiting even more anxiously for reworking.

And let me tell you about my quilt. Just the fact that I'm hand quilting it, and the frame has been in my living room for months. (I don't think I'm quite up to years, but I could be wrong on that.) I bought a Quilter's Newsletter Magazine to read while I'm quilting to keep me inspired, and I managed a good 20 minutes today. That is record breaking pace for lately.

I'm going to go listen to Wait Wait (don't tell me), "The NPR News Quiz" and work on either lace or a quilt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post pics of your quilting! I have started handquilting a quilt that I entirely handpieced together, and it has literally been a several years long project in the works. One day the frame will go back up and it will get finished, but for now I just don't have the space!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home