Thursday, April 06, 2006

FO:Mini-E

Fo' sho'. It's the Mini-E(ssential stripe)! Isn't she a cutie?



And I STILL have yarn leftover! This has something to do with ordering 2 extra balls of the chocolate brown (darn minimum order!).

I aimed for about 3/4 length sleeves, but not having any kiddos around to measure it on was inconvenient. I tried searching online for average child measurements, but no luck. I'll have to think on how to refine that search, I tried "sewing" and "pattern" added to child measurements, but no luck. Wouldn't it be handy to know how long the average 3 year old arm is?

I also went to a smaller needle for the rib on the sleeves and the bottom, but not the neck. It just seemed more practical for a kid.

My green Cash Iroha cardi is going slowly, the frogging really took the spark out of me. I've only got a few inches this time around.

Last night was knitting night at the local coffeehouse. A small turnout, but good for inspiration. I'm going to leave myself a coded to-do list, as some of it involves presents:

red-green minis
pink alpaca
orangina
artyarns
modular

Yes, Orangina is in there! I'm -this close- to committing to it. The Sexy Knitters Club is doing a knit-along, and it's a pattern that I've been considering for some time. I'm thinking of Elsebeth Lavold "Hempathy" for the yarn. I even went so far as to purchase the pattern this morning, and would have bought the yarn too if the computer had behaved.

And I'll leave you with another photo.

(not yet blocked)

3 Comments:

Blogger Pixiepurls said...

cute!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is ultra-cute! Aren't raglans the best for sizing just the way you want?

8:25 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Aw, thanks guys! You sure know how to cheer a gal up.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home