Thursday, March 23, 2006

Mini-E

I had leftover yarn from Essential Stripe, so what was I to do? Make Mini-E(ssential stripe), of course!

(Cell phone included for scale) Surprise, it's going a lot faster than the me-sized one! Very satisfying.

I hadn't -just knit- in a long time, but last night I did. After being driven batty at the coffee shop with the knitting girls by an unwanted live boy-and-his-guitar amplified beyond comfort, I came home and just knit. No reading, just music. It was nice. (Yes, I do knit and read at the same time.)

The newest addition to my to-knit list is in the bag:

Alpaca, Grignasco Top Print, 110 yds/50g, color 402. I have made socks/slippers from it before, and will do so again. The soles felt up from wearing, but it just makes them more slipper-like.

We'll leave today with a gratuitous poodle pic (with one of his new friends and the feet of the other new friend):


Details of Mini-E: I cast on the same number of stitches as for the small adult size, increased at the neck edge faster and with increasing frequency to make it scooped, until I had near the same number of stitches on the back and front. I made up the arm hole size, and I'm hoping it'll be ok for a wiry 2.5 year old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pics of the poodle! I hope our next knitting group doesn't involve loud music, maybe we should try and find a seat in the back :)

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home