Saturday, April 22, 2006

Doll sweater

At the clinic where I've been working, some dolls showed up. They were donated by a doll-making club for children to draw faces on and take home. Presumably to keep the kids entertained and happy at the clinic.

I've been stressing about using all of my lonely skeins lately. So it hit me like a ton of (polyester stuffed) bricks. Make doll clothes for these poor naked dolls!

This is a luscious skein of Plymouth Bamboo. So soft and shiny! I would love to make a me-sized sweater out of it, but it's a little pricey. So at knitting night with the girls, I cast on 20 stitches on borrowed needles. When I got to knitting the next day, I had a crochet hook with me but no needles. Improvisation served me well here.



It's not quite done, one more side of the cardigan needs a crochet edge, and it needs a big button at the waist. Then she needs a skirt.

I never outgrew playing with dolls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home