Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ribbon edge

Some of my favorite cardigans have ribbon stabilizing the button band. It was just a matter of time until I tried it.

I'll try to figure out how to crop this soon, so it can be seen better. Until then...


My lovely green Noro Cash Iroha, with two ribbon possibilities. I have decided on the narrow ribbon, for a few reasons: 1) the wide ribbon is $26 per yard and 2) the wide ribbon is too stiff. The narrow ribbon keeps the edge of the stockinette from curling, and will make a nice peek-a-boo detail. I'm thinking of continuing it around the bottom edge of the sweater to keep it from curling too. Then I don't have to mull over choices for less curling stitches on the bottom edge. The narrow ribbon is less than 1 inch, the wide is about 2 inches.

I really wanted grosgrain (however that darn word is pronounced) ribbon, but the ribbon/needlepoint store didn't have a color that went with the green yarn well. Out of the hundreds of fantastic ribbons that this store has, not a lot want to play well with that fabulous but vivid green. I guess I could go with black, but this is such a vibrant sweater that I didn't want to tone it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home