Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday knitting group

I crashed a new knitting group today, and had a blast. It took them a little while to start talking to me, but it was fun once they did. I even got invited to their potluck next week! Aw, shucks. I like seeing what other people choose to knit, what kinds of yarn they like, and their taste in colors and textures. I find it especially educational when people have knitted things out of yarn that I have in my stash. I can see how it drapes and looks knitted up.

There was a fabulous pair of Koigu socks there, with a contrast ruffle, heel, and toe. Yummy! And lots of summer garments, think lacey patterns and cotton.

For the Eugene knitters, it is at the Strand, thursdays at 3:30. Not next thursday though. But most of the other ones. Bonus: Books without Borders carries Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting, and Spin-Off. I didn't see the most recent Spin-Off on the shelf, but thank goodness I asked, it was sitting in a box waiting to be unpacked!

And a meme...

"Lemmings? Where?

Brought over from Marnie's blog... cause I care to copy the very best.

Rules
: Please leave a one-word comment that you think best describes me — it can only be one word long. Then copy and paste this into your blog so that I may leave a word about you."

from Bird's Nest Knits. One word is quite a challenge!

1 Comments:

Blogger wonky said...

Charming!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home