Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Peace and Slippers


Slippers are done! Based on Faroese footlets from a Threads knitting article, back when they had knitting patterns. Toe pattern my own. Handspun brown wool!

How the Peace fleece is spinning up:

I'm planning on a 3-ply yarn.

The white yarn is navaho-plied, or "chained singles" as Spin-Off is calling it. I spun the white single to use for boucle. Since boucle turned out to be more time intensive than I expected, and I needed the bobbin for the Peace fleece, I used the opportunity to practice navaho plying. It's a bit dense and ropey, but has nice shine, and looks crisp. And best of all, I have a free bobbin. I'd love to get a bunch more, but at $25 a pop, I think that 5 ought to hold me. It's incentive to not have too many projects going.

2 Comments:

Blogger wonky said...

I love your peachy yarn, and that white is so pretty!

The slippers are so cute, nice job! I'd love to see how you made them.

3:53 PM  
Blogger dianemulholland said...

Love the white yarn. I always run out of bobbins too - especially when it's a 3-ply project. I'm lucky and have a very common type of wheel for which I can sometimes pick up second-hand bobbins.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home