Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Green-Blue spun

I bought this roving at the Black Sheep Gathering last summer, an unknown variety of wool, because I'd been wandering around looking for a good green fiber to spin, and this was the closest I came. I love the hint of warm color that shows up in a spot or two, it makes it seem magical to me.



I split the roving in two before I spun, and plied the singles. I'm hoping for color runs when I knit it up. It really wants to be a loosely knit scarf.



The only sad thing about this yarn is that the infatuation is wearing off because I've been keeping it in plain sight, and it's lost it's newness. I need to bury it a while so that I can rediscover the beauty.

4 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

That is just gorgeous! I know what you mean - I think I should knit a swatch of everything I spin (just because I'm curious as to how it'll knit up) and then put it away because I'm ready to spin something else. Unfortunately, I don't get a lot of knitting done that way.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

So beautiful! You are so right about the infatuation factor - but I predict the honeymoon is not quite over...

5:32 AM  
Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Pretty! Put it away for a little while...you'll fall in love with it again in no time!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! I tend to love variegated yarn much more in a skein than knit up.

That couch came out beautifully! I always overestimate fabric.

Ahhh. Such a cute poodle fix.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home