Thursday, February 22, 2007

Flying poodles, quilt update

Even flying poodles sometimes need a hand (the steel mesh was a little much for him to fly over):

From our vacation last week. I'll use that as one of the excuses for not posting.

So, I'm making a double nine-patch quilt, and figured I needed 205 small nine-patch blocks. I've been hand piecing them together over the past three years, in classes, at lunch, whatever. I'd count them occasionally, the last time being when I was still 50 squares short. So I kept sewing them. Well, I finally got in a mood to do some organization on this project, and I counted again. 240 squares. Yup, I overshot.


I'll use the extras for mini-quilts or for pillows.

These are the plain squares to alternate with the double nine-patches. Lots of yellows.

Luckily I'm still short 1 yellow fabric, so I get to go to the quilt store tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Quilt store a block from me has the most darling fabrics this year.

That looks like one cheery nine-patch! Better too many than too little. Three years of hand sewing them at odd hours? I should do that.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see it in its finished form....

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home