Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Stocking

A few days before the xmas I made this stocking, I went in to work on a vacation day, just so I could lock myself in my office and knit. Yes, it was a surprise. Yes, it was done by xmas morning. Barely.



Back when Alice Starmore made yarn, this was my second fair-isle project. The stocking is a fine wale cotton corduroy, with a linen lining. The stocking shape was from a Martha Stewart Living magazine template. I usually have a deep seated dislike of the other Martha, and for a while I was suspecting her of bugging my house, as she would publish magazine issues on crafts I'd recently rediscovered.

Speaking of Alice Starmore, our public library has a copy of Alice Starmore Fair Isle Knitting, and I was a little shocked to discover that a copy would set me back $150. I'll wait until it comes back into print.

And no, I haven't gotten around to making my stocking yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Nice Christmas stocking!

I'm not sure they ever go back into print. The trick is to buy the darn thing when they first come out. If only I'd known back then......

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home