Monday, November 06, 2006

Weird weather

Last week it was below freezing, this week it's 68 degrees first thing in the morning. WTF? It feels like a storm should land soon. I'm not sure if the real weather prognosticators agree with me, I haven't checked.

I'm finding my taste in quilts getting even more specific. I'm currently attracted to quilts with crooked lines and irregular shapes. I ordered a book on the Gee's Bend quilts, and am looking forward to learning more about them. When I was at the Portland Art Museum the other week, I saw an abstract painting that would have made a fabulous quilt. It was a mostly solid canvas in a pale yellow or cream, with white triangles sprinkled across one corner. Maybe the colors were reversed? I dunno.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

However the colors was, it sounds like a good quilt.

We went from 90ish weather to thankfully 65ish weather. Thank God. I would love to wear a sweater just once this winter.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home