Thursday, October 19, 2006

Free Fiber and a New Quilt (not free)

Well, you lovely blog readers, (there are three of you, right?) here is a chance to score free fiber. It's just been languishing too long in the stash. The blue on the right is a merino/nylon/wool blend, about 4 oz. The blend on the right is wool and silk noil. Again, about 4 oz. This one is by Three Bags Full. I love their blends, but the colors just don't do it for me on this one.


Email me at martha (at) flyingpoodle dott com if you want it. I'll even pay shipping just because.

Last week I got blue, and the world just didn't seem exciting. The angst built and built, until all that could cure it was creating something. Fabric was the medium of choice, and this is what is resulting:



It's a little frenetic, and the dark blue floral is a little too contrasty, but I think I like it. I've been inspired lately by The Modern Quilt Workshop. I recommend it. It is one of the few places that I've seen quilts that really inspire me. I also bought Denyse Schmidt Quilts, she has some fantastic ones in there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That convination looks very nice

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks warm and comfy. The combo looks fine.

No use for the fiber! I'm planning on being the last hold out on learning to spin.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dsq is the most rockin book, i am curious about this other one you mention!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home