Thursday, September 14, 2006

For Jeanette

The link I promised her! This is Rusted Root, which is a fabu pattern that wouldn't quite suit me. The whole pattern is here. And a real live example, knitted by Heather. I never trust a pattern until I've seen a real person knit it. Like when I saw the White Lies Angelina pattern, I wanted one, so I went surfing for someone who actually knit it up. I only found one person who knit it, and it looked, well, a leetle different than the original. Surfing just now, I found a page with one not-so-hot one and one hot one. So, it can turn out, but it's not a sure thing.

I'm having a change of heart, I like it again. I bought a sweater from Talbots that is similar, and like it pretty well. Angelina can go onto my "maybe someday" list again.

BTW, when you search on "white lies angelina", knitting is not the most popular theme to pop up.

I'm planning on making a page of links to Eugene knitbloggers, so if you are one, let me know. Now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shocking! I wonder what would pop up? Brad Pitt's honey, maybe?
Rusted Root is very cute and Heather did a fab job on it.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

I like that rusted root pattern...I made something by them (can't think of the name) and the pattern was very well written.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Kim in Oregon said...

It was the Green Gable.

5:01 PM  
Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Woot! I'll be a Eugene knitblogger in just NINE MONTHS!

So. Excited.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home