Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Needle Holder

This story starts at a thrift store. Upholstery fabric samples for sale. Ridiculous low prices. Fabric sitting in my closet for a few years.

I inherited a few needle holder rolls from my late grandmother. They were saturated with cigarette smoke, but are decent post-washing.

These two plot lines intersected, and next comes the needle holder roll made out of the upholstery samples:


Untie and roll open:



I even wrote down the process as I was sewing. Some fantasy about making a pattern for it.

Excuse the terse sentence fragments. Long freakin' day at work. No particularly nasty people, just lots to do, never caught up. Brain is FRIED. Deep fried with cajun salt. Microwaved to jerky. I love ten-hour shifts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Martha,
I'll trade you some yarn, or roving for your handpspun hat and gloves, and that needle holder. heh, heh!

But seriously though, you wanted me to tell you when I started selling off my "stuff" due to the move to Colorado and I just posted a HUGE post with stuff for sale on my blog.

Thanks for asking! And, dang girl, you are sooo crafty - LOVE IT...

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home