Sunday, August 27, 2006

More felting madness

Here are the after photos for my green felted purse. Before you ask, I forgot the before picture.



The Pursonalities book that I got from my Birthday Pal has sparked a sudden felting flame. I knitted up the (Arcuna?) Nature Wool that she gave me, and was going to do a band around the top in Manos del Uruguay in a dark green colorway, but hand-felting the swatch didn't turn out well. So I said damn the torpedos and threw the light green part into the washer. Even though I have a front-load machine, so it's hard to stop in the middle of a cycle. I just ran it through on warm/cold, and voila. I'm still thinking about a separate edging, I could knit a length of it, felt it, then sew it on.

And while I was at it, this crazy felting thing, I ran across my Knitting Olympics Capelet. So I threw it into the wash too. It didn't felt up snug enough to start chopping into flowers, so I'll run it through again. Anyone got some dirty laundry that I could wash? I'm all done with mine.

What else did I do with my weekend? I chopped up some of our deck.



How did I do it? I bought a power tool! We'd ripped up a few boards with crowbars and the like, and that was just not going to cut it.



Here I am with my Brand New Sawzall. A reciprocating saw with orbital action and a 1.25 inch stroke length. Yahoo!

And a bragging picture of our weeks veggies from our Community Supported Agriculture.

All organic, and all delicious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home