Sunday, November 12, 2006

Green bag

Well, this is what part of the lovely gift from my birthday pal turned into:


I didn't feel like swatching, so I just cast on a lot of stitches, started knitting, and knit until I ran out of yarn (Arcanuia (sp?) Nature Wool). Then I threw it into the washing machine. The straps are Manos del Uruguay. I was originally very disappointed with the straps, but after a few months I came around.

The lining:


I toyed with the idea of straps out of the lining fabric.

The shape is thanks to plastic canvas. Margaret, who has escaped to Seattle, made a bag from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation that used the plastic canvas, and I was impressed with the results. Not something I would have predicted just looking at the stuff.

And an oh-so-flattering self-portrait:

2 Comments:

Blogger HibiscuitsGirl said...

Cute!! I love the way the handles are attached to the bag. Very neat looking. And the lining matches perfectly! It looks very professionally done.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Don't you just love felting?
Its so much fun.
I like the way yours looks!
I have done a coupla things
but I followed a pattern.
I will be back to check on you!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home