Thursday, December 21, 2006

Quilts (wild blue and green)

In a holiday season gone mad, there is a small bit of comfort:


The jury is still deliberating on the coolness of this one. But it turned out raggey and wild like I wanted it too. Don't look too closely, I'm still perfecting my machine sewing technique.

And my first and highly enjoyable attempt at foundation piecing:

I just searched for a good link to foundation piecing, and most everyone refers to paper piecing, or sewing pieces to paper instead of muslin. This is from the Denyse Schmidt book of quilting projects.

This is a very good technique to use when I want irregular pieces and edges, as it is hard to plan two irregular edges to fit together. I'm looking forward to exploring this more.

Check out what MadFabric-holic did with foundation piecing:

Snazzy! I want one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Thanks for the mention! These are super easy, and actually, the pattern is designed by my friend/former boss...

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home