Saturday, March 17, 2007

New Couch

Well, as good as new. Remember this?


It's got a new look:


I was glad to have the opportunity to save a worn but not worn-out item. Besides, the lines are great. But I'm still getting used to it. For instance, I expect to sink deeply into the seat each time I sit down. I also brace myself for a creak and noisy shifting of the springs that never comes.

When I sew, I'm still on the small side when it comes to estimating yardage. Never would I have believed that ONE of these sections would take 8 yards. Yow! So, sixteen yards of fabric for the two sections.

I have a new object of desire. And it's on sale. A Denyse Schmidt quilt over at Anthropologie. But the student loans are more important than more things. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home