Thursday, May 24, 2007

Debbie Bliss + Noro Cash Iroha = ?

This:
grew longer, and wasn't fitting quite right. So now it's wound up into tidy balls again. I'd knit about 4 inches past the bottom of the armhole, so I frogged a significant chunk of knitting here. Sad, but liberating. I tried it from the top down, now I'll try it bottom up.

I'm knitting the Simple Jacket with Collar from Debbie Bliss Number Two, and I can't find any pictures online to link to, sorry.

It is nice to realize that if I actually work on a project, it might get done. It's been a while since I've knit much, I did knit up a pair of the felted slippers, but they are not yet felted.

Here is my latest project (by which I mean Hans did most of the work):


This was my mom's bike when she was a little older than I am now. It was covered in cobwebs, with rotten tires and flaking handlebar foam. Now it's shiny and rides smoothly.

And a photo with both bike and knitting! Those are my handspun orange mittens in action!



( I almost never ride without a helmet, but I was loaning it to a guest that day. Usually I protect my very expensive noggin.)

I've thought that a recumbent tricycle with hands-free steering would be an ideal way to combine knitting and cycling ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home