Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cotton Bag, and another hat pic

This hat was in the hat lineup, but it deserves a close-up. Mountain Colors yarn, with a brim of Cash Iroha. The pooling of the colors made a good pattern.



I have had two skeins of Patagonia Cotton sitting around for a few years, I bought them at a yarn store in Medford. I now have a bag for walking to the corner store to get milk.



The two skeins were different colors. When I started knitting, I had hopes of making a one skein bag. Nope. So I switched skeins in the middle, so the sides are not the same. See photo below of the other side:



I crocheted the sides together and continued into a strap, worked with both colors. I had made eyelets (yo, k2tog) at the top, and knit an I-cord integrating elastic into the middle. I threaded the I-cord through every other eyelet.

I'm not too excited about it, but it's better having a bag than it was having 2 balls of yarn.

When bikes go to rehab: (Notice crochet Noro hat that I've had forever, and still like!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

That bag is a really great idea. I've got a couple of skeins laying around that would be much more useful as a bag.

Fabulous hair, btw. I seriously want it. :-)

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Is that your commuter bike? I like how your bag turned out. Perfect for milk at the corner store.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetcheeks, still at it I see. I was browsing for simple curtain ideas when I realized it's been along time since I visited you here. How are you doing?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home