Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fair entries

The beautiful pattern Odessa, in my humble homespun yarn:


Third place, baby! And now I see, a nice little gap center in the middle of the forehead. Ah, the flaws the camera reveals. I spun up the superwash merino from Fantasy Fibers bought at the Black Sheep Gathering a few years ago, I think I spun from the fold on this, but I can't quite remember. I knit up three hats, and since the yarn was not the most even, I ended up doubling the yarn in the middle of a hat since it had gotten a little thin.

Next time I knit an Odessa, I am going to put the beads on. I think they'll add fabulous sparkle.

I'm pretty sure I've posted pics of the Peace Fleece spun up before, but I couldn't find it. So here is the second place winner in wool blend category:

It's been a while since I've done anything competitive, so I think I'm taking an inordinate amount of pleasure in this winning phenomenon. It's somewhat tongue in cheek, as it is a county fair without a lot of entries.

I've got six skeins of this yarn, and I'm planning to make a few sets of hats and mittens. It's a nice cushy bouncy yarn. I knit the swatch up on size 8 needles, and it turned out very dense. I'll go up a needle size for the hats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home