Thursday, August 23, 2007

Liberty trim skirt

Last summer I sewed two skirts that turned out quite nicely. One was with a Kaffe Fasset print with a solid lower border,


And one was a black print with a black ribbon around the hips.



So to help repeat the success, I used the Kwik Sew pattern again, with a solid body and a Liberty of London lower border. I used an organic green cotton to line the border.



I left the green cotton edge serged and pinked the liberty print (after the picture above was taken)

(Nice port-a-potty, eh? Side effect of big home remodel.)

It was one of my first projects using the serger that I own half-interest in. I serged all of the raw edges of the pattern pieces before I sewed them. I felt very spiffy!


I often dive into sewing projects when I want some immediate gratification, and end up frustrated or cutting corners. This skirt was nice in that I was very process oriented, and I wanted to spend time working on it, rather than have a new skirt pronto.

I'm looking forward to wearing it to work tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It came out really pretty! Love the knit top progress too.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home