Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quilt (wild blue and green) DONE!

Finishing a project is so satisfying! My little quilt was made using a crazy made up technique of sewing blocks in at odd angles. The bestest part was that the pieces in the middle were from a scrap grab bag from the local quilt store. I love recycling! The backing and border are organic cotton, I seem to remember that it is naturally dyed. The embroidery thread that I tied it with was ridiculously cheap with my employee discount, so I went all out and used FOUR colors.



And here it is ! Hobbs Heirloom cotton batting. And it's in the mail to the lucky new owner right now.

I'm thinking of getting a laptop again, my blog posting was so much easier from the couch! It's always humbling to go read all of the blogs that I frequent and then come back here and see my terse and not so witty writing. I'm not trying for an "oh, poor me", just writing about writing. Which happens to be my least favorite thing to read about.

Summer is coming to a close, and has not been very exciting. That is totally my fault, as the past few summers had been so busy that I tried to not plan very much for this one. I succeeded! I am glad to be well rested and to have had a lot of hobby time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Dockendorf said...

Hi, Martha,
Michael M shared your blog with me. I'm a new spinner, so loved reading about your projects. Great hats! Recently went to a retreat where I met Andrea H [geekknitter.blogspot.com] -- do you know her? She's also in a local knitting group, the one that meets at Mkt of Choice on Mon eves. Your quilt is lovely. I have some alpaca batting that I want to use in one, just need to find the time to make it!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is pretty. Am two much of hillbilly too make this. D Denomie

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home