Friday, January 11, 2008

Solstice Goodie Bags

I'm going to skip my "I hate Christmas" rant, and jump to the good stuff: I get a crafty itch that needs to be scratched. One year I made little books with a fairy tale. The year of the pop-up christmas tree cards was a good one, as was the paper poinsettia year.

2007 was the year of the foundation pieced strip bags:

Stash from a Florence, Oregon quilt store, acquired on a few coastal outings this year.

And a lovely picture (taken by Hans, not me, of course) of the finished product!


We stuffed them with wax paper bags of Nuts'n'Bolts (husband's family chex mix recipe), and of cookies.

I used a variety of fabrics for the backs, but they all had the somewhat metallic red fabric on the front.

And the best part: I had fun giving them out! It's pretty much what rescues that particular holiday for me. Crafts and cooking and sharing them both with friends and family.

Hope yours was good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home